Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Ravine

Ravine Volume 1 TpIn a fantastic world far from our own, an ancient magic spell almost split the world in two and left an endless ravine in the north. One man, Nebezial Asheri, driven by the deaths of his wife and daughters, will attempt to reclaim that magic and bring his loved ones back to life. The forces of an entire city, Paladia, will rise to oppose him, but his greatest foes will be a ragtag band of an outcast wizard, a dragonrider, and their allies. -via Goodreads

Ravine first peaked my interest when I found out it was a medieval fantasy graphic novel. For awhile I have been longing to find a captivating story from this genre that I could fall in love with. This is definitely it!
   
Each page is beautifully illustrated and the amount of detail in the artwork blew me away. The characters, dragons, and scenery are drawn so well that it makes the world of Paladia come to life. With stunning visuals as well as an in-depth story, I found myself fully immersed in this world. Once done with the novel I was surprised to find an appendix filled with extensive information on the characters and factions. 

Ravine introduces many characters in its story. There is Lynn who is unsure of assuming her responsibilities as the Duchess of Dregya. Instead she dreams of becoming a dragonrider. Stein is a wanderer who always seems to be scheming. I really liked Lynn's character. I thought she was a bit aloof sometimes, but towards the end of the novel she appears to be accepting her fate.

At times while reading the novel I was confused by the lore and terminology. I found myself rereading to understand what I just read. The appendix did clear up some things for me, but I didn't know it was there until I was done reading the story.

The first volume of Ravine was simply amazing. I didn't want it to end especially with the cliffhanger it left off on. The next issue seriously needs to be released asap! Thankfully, the wait isn't long. Volume two of Ravine will be released sometime this summer.






No comments:

Post a Comment